+1 650 631 3694
We are amazed (and quietly proud) to report that over 25,500 copies of Great Demo! have been purchased, including over 1250 Audiobooks (but not including re-sales of used copies or PDF's that get passed around).
The question is now becoming: how well do you (and does your team) implement and practice the methodology?
The Great Demo! Methodology enables differentiation; the degree to which one applies the methodology determines the amount of differentiation!
The recording is available here from this panel discussion with demo experts and coaches to explore key elements of Discovery. Topics included:
- What is the difference between Discovery and Qualification (and why is that important)?
- What does having an “effective Discovery conversation” even mean – how much Discovery is enough?
- How to handle “Can you just give me a demo?”
- Discovery questions you can start asking to lead to more successful demos
- How to implement a structured approach to doing Discovery
- How to coach your team (and yourself) to run better Discovery conversations
The recording of the "Anatomy of a Winning Sales Demo" webinar can be found here. If you would like to see another webinar on the topic, go deeper on some of the ideas or explore other areas that we didn't have time to address, please let us know!
Join Richard Smith, Brian Geery and myself as we explored life, liberty, and the pursuit of demo excellence during this webinar on August 1.
You can watch and listen to the webinar recording here. (Feel free to skip the first 3 minutes or so...)
We have an active Great Demo! Group on LinkedIn - and you are welcome to join. There are now over 5400 members in the Group, many of whom are Great Demo! practitioners. We post topics and ideas for discussion, tips, and information on new tools. Group members are contributing their own thoughts, adding comments to existing dialogues and raising new topics.
We are working diligently to keep the Group as high-value a tool for the community as possible: Postings are monitored, members are vetted, and the Group is kept spam-free. We do encourage carefully selected job postings from vendors with openings (but not from recruiters) and individuals looking for new opportunities.
Think of the Group as an online Great Demo! User Community.
Our next Great Demo! Public Workshops are scheduled for March 14-15 (on the U.S. East Coast), April 11-12 in Amsterdam, April 18-19 in Silicon Valley and October 10-11 also in Silicon Valley.
A Great Demo! Public Master Class is now scheduled for June 13-14 in Chicago, as well.
Public Workshops are excellent opportunities for individuals, small groups or teams that have new hires. These will be 1.75-Day Workshops, with the first day focusing largely on core Great Demo! material and the second 3/4 day addressing more advanced topics and techniques.
Registration and related information for these sessions can be found as follows:
- March 14-15 on the U.S. East Coast (specific location coming shortly) - contact email@example.com for more information.
- April 11-12 Amsterdam Great Demo! Public Workshop - click here for pricing and registration information.
- April 18-19 Silicon Valley Great Demo! Public Workshop - click here for pricing and registration information.
- June 13-14 Chicago Great Demo! Public Master Class – contact Paul Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- October 10-11 Silicon Valley Great Demo! Public Workshop - click here for pricing and information.
Public Master Classes bring your demo and Discovery skills to a truly outstanding level of practice:
- Take you or your team’s demos to the next level
- Develop high-performing Questioning and Discovery skills
- Master complex situations of multiple players and solutions
- Explore more challenging situations, beyond the “core” methodology
- Reward and provide incentive for yourself or your team overall
Master Classes are typically 1.5-Days in length. Participants are expected to have completed a Great Demo! Workshop previously.
Contact Us for specific timing, overview, agenda, location and pricing information.
As noted above, over 25,500 copies of Great Demo! have been purchased by readers around the world, to date (including over 1250 copies of the Amazon Audiobook). Additionally, the book has been awarded the Reader's Choice designation (twice!) by the publisher. Authors earn the Reader's Choice award after receiving the Editor's Choice designation and achieving large sales volumes.
In addition to paperback, Kindle, Nook and PDF versions, Great Demo! is also available in audiobook format from Amazon - please note that the voice in the Audiobook is not that of Peter Cohan (he reads the book too fast for a good recording)!
The Blog and Great Demo! LinkedIn Group are designed to provide an evergreen extension to the book - you are welcome to explore both - let us know if you'd like to see a 3rd edition to the book published.
Andy Paul, noted sales acceleration podcaster, interviewed me recently – the result is this 43 minute conversation about life, liberty and the pursuit of crisp, compelling demos. The first few minutes are [boring] chit-chat [not my fault, but does violate some Great Demo! principles!]; once you survive these the balance is tolerably amusing and potentially useful… Enjoy it here.
A good introduction to some of the key Great Demo! ideas is available in a conversational podcast done earlier this year with Chris Orlob at Gong.io – you can listen to the recording here. The intro begins about a minute in; the trouble starts a few minutes later!
We delivered a 40 minute webinar for Great Demo! practitioners on using DemoCoach to get better at what we do: why use it, how best to use it and how to get started. The webinar recording can be found here.
News & Events